"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself"
                                                                                  -Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gentrification

Looked out the window - neighborhood kids playing football on our lawn. Pitching throws to kids across the street. Some palms swaying to the beat of new music on Natalie's pod.

I just got back from a trip to Palm Springs. The same ol' time: booze, bubbles in the hot tub, topped off with some hung over IHOP. Sounds pretty juvenile, but worth the 2ish hour trip for a relaxing, time honored tradition. Why is it that getting out of LA, even for a day, feels like a breath of fresh air? (well...aside from the smog index...) A simple change of surroundings and 110 degrees later and I'm good to go.

It's strange though. I really enjoy coming home to my apartment after work. It's becoming a sanctuary. I wasn't sure I was going to find one here. I'm still trying to find the day-to-day moments that reaffirm this feeling.

Here's a great new track to check out; courtesy of a friend of a friend: Broadcast 2000: Building Blocks. "Get Up and Go"

Read the review and check out the song at http://bwank.com/?p=219

0 Thoughts: