"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself"
                                                                                  -Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, August 14, 2008

List No. 1

I'm starting a list.

Things that bring Los Angeles to a Grinding Halt:


1) Earthquakes

I'm on AIM and suddenly the ground beneath me is shifting around ... every person in LA asks every other person in LA, "are you feeling this?!"

2) Paris Hilton going to jail.

On my way to work last summer and my Starbucks run is severely derailed. Why? Because traffic in LA is at a standstill. Paris is being arrested and there are enough paparazzi, police and helicopters (I counted 6 hovering over my Starbucks on Sunset - she lives up the street) to clog a newborn's artery.

3) Rain.

It started raining a moment ago... very lightly. Suddenly, coworkers are standing outside neglecting tasks and standing in awe over the fact that it's raining in August, let alone at all!!

I simply smiled and opened the windows near my desk wide open indulging in the smell of wet earth. This makes me miss the East Coast so much. Thunder storms! Rain! All of these things that we come to hate on the East Coast because they happen so often are actually cathartic, healing ... emotional? Believe it!

I miss the rain and the smell of the earth... maybe even the East Coast summer. Well, I don't miss 95% humidity on a hot day.... yea, not really.

0 Thoughts: