"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself"
                                                                                  -Charlie Chaplin

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Baby to get by, you just need to let go..."

Yesterday was no fun. No fun for no one. At least the part where I was at work and returning from work.

I don't know if this is a cycle that will eventually work its way out of my system the longer I settle in Los Angeles or if it's just a part of life; but there are days when I wake up and all I want to do is throw in the towel. I want to pack up and go back East. Nothing seems satisfactory. Nothing seems fulfilling. It sounds so pessimistic, but there are those other days too. The days where I drive down the street and the sun makes me smile. The trees seem to line the street more neatly than usually. Where sitting outside with a cup of a coffee and a friend makes this city so worth while. Like I said: it's cyclical. There are good days and bad days. Yesterday just happened to be the latter.

After a day filled with busy work and blank stares, I was finally able to go home. It was early! Things were looking up. It ended up taking another two hours to get home - mostly because of my own stupidity and a serious lack of focus.

The good thing about bad days is that they end. They are short-lived. The light at the end of the tunnel is my bed, pillow and comforter. I just sleep it off. Wake up and try again. In the mean time, I try to find the good in all the bad that sems to cloud my momentary judgement. Whether thats a song on a the radio or treating myself to some food that I love. Luckily, I got both before bedtime.

2 things really helped me chill out yesterday. Here is information and a link to both:

1) Listening to "Let Go" by Mahriami.

Yes, she's my former roommate/best friend/sister/a multitude of other things, but if you haven't given her music some serious attention yet ... you're foolish. I've always said that Mahri has a way of appealing to everyone's sensibility through her lyrics. I don't know what it is or how she does it, but her insight is so spot on. Last night, this song cooled me down as I pounded my steering wheel and screamed at passing cars.

www.myspace.com/mahriami

2) Stuffing my face at Yogurt-land (La Brea and 3rd)

Self-serve. Frozen Yogurt. 20 flavor choices + 20 topping choices = a lot of choices. $.30 an ounce. Just go already.

http://www.yogurt-land.com/

0 Thoughts: