"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself"
                                                                                  -Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Door to Door

So after months of preparation, Movie Magic Media Productions, LLC. will be filming DOOR TO DOOR.

Movie Magic Media was started by Micah Levin at Emerson College. Natalie Lewis, Colin Gallagher, Lena Leon and myself became the founding board when we embarked on filming a feature-length movie-musical entitled PUPPET COLLEGE. While at Emerson we produced several films.

Since then, Micah and I have graduated and brought the company to Los Angeles as a side company to our own careers. DOOR TO DOOR is the first independent venture for MMM while in LA. We have been working on this project for almost 4 months now and tonight we begin the preshoot. Friday through Sunday we will parttake in three long days of shooting.

As the line-producer (or any member of our team) I've been pouring my time and energy into making this the best product possible. Our hopes are to take DOOR TO DOOR around the festival circuit after its completion. I truly believe that the story, aesthetic and quality will make this a successful piece. The production design (Brent Mason) is incredible. He's built a house with interchangable parts (per different shots) at our location. He's also built a moving cart that unfolds into a portable stage; complete with pipeorgan.

The work has been increditably taxing and tiring; however, I now have so much faith in this project. I just can't wait to get on set and live it.

I'm so proud of our team and hopefully --- I'll be reporting back with pictures and great news after Sunday.

0 Thoughts: