"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself"
                                                                                  -Charlie Chaplin

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Compare and Contrast

I was on set again this weekend and, needless to say, this experience was quite different than the last.

I guess I should blame myself - not realizing what I was getting into. When someone tells you that you're shooting a music video in one (that's ONE) day, you should know that that means one helluva long day. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to get discouraged from a long day's work, but when a production team - your superiors- foster a poor working environment, one tends to get discouraged. 

Days like these are ruthless, never-ending and people will almost always be on edge. I was shocked, however, by how caddy, demeaning and arrogant many members of this particular team were. Again, I'm not above working my way up the ladder, but when people purposefully go out of their way to make you feel small, insignificant - a PA, then something is seriously wrong. I hope I never forget that any successful production rests on on the sweating backs of its PA's. If I do forget - feel free to offer my a swift kick in the balls.

The good news? Productions are never permanent and I earned my paycheck.

Moving on...

0 Thoughts: