"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself"
                                                                                  -Charlie Chaplin

Friday, October 10, 2008

First Fire

As soon as 6 pm struck this Friday afternoon, my senses took over.  Here's why:

1. Temperatures in the low 60's
2. Walking out of work during the richest red, yellows and oranges of sunset
3. Seeing children running home from after-school activities with their parents
4. Brown and yellow leaves falling to the ground
5. Putting the fireplace on for the first time
6. Taking a walk, hoodies on, moon illuminating the moving clouds
7. Lying in bed and hearing the wind, leaves rustling on the ground and trains in the distance - I seriously feel like I'm 8 years old lying in my bedroom in King of Prussia

Tonight is really making me miss the East Coast fall season, but it also makes me think that in all of the days of monotony that come with the weather in Los Angeles - it's a night like this that makes fall worth it on the West Coast.


I think I realized for the first time today, that I'd miss fall in Los Angeles as much I miss Fall on the East Coast if I left.

0 Thoughts: