"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself"
                                                                                  -Charlie Chaplin

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thomas Jefferson once said...

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."

I find this quote extremely important especially as the current Presidential race enters its last leg. A black president? A woman vice-president? Whether I (or you) like it or not, political conversation dominates probably 90% of the topics I hear being discussed on a day-to-day basis.

Do I enjoy it? Isn't it overwhelming?

Yes. And yes!

I'm finding that Los Angeles has a prominent political voice. And that voice is constantly hurling insults at the Republican Party. It is getting to the point where I feel the need to defend the Right Wingers even if I don't necessarily agree with their their policies.

I love debating and discussing, but it's getting to the point where I can't even sit at work without hearing people forcing their views down other people's throats.

Despite this irritation, Jefferson's quote brings up a great point. The other side to this verbose coin is that if the high stakes of this election are causing so much daily discussion, maybe it will cause that many more people to vote. I truly believe that we are on the cusp of a social revolution. Imagine how the global community must view our country - watching it's people divide and struggle to come together under a a new era of change. The Obama camp made that very idea it's slogan and the McCain camp chose Palin to show the world that it's ready for anything.

The countdown is on. I just hope I can handle another 2 months of inappropriate office conversations.

0 Thoughts: