"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself"
                                                                                  -Charlie Chaplin

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My mother just requested me on Facebook...

Nothing more interesting to say... Summer lingers on in Los Angeles.

** I always get the same cute bank teller at Chase in Culver City. She knows all of the intimate details of my financial life and I kind of feel like we're in a serious relationship.

** I always end up spending twice as long at any Trader Joe's other than my own on La Brea trying to figure out where everything is. I also get really angry whenever my TJ's changes anything (ex. switching the the bread aisle with the coffee aisle. Why?!). I always spent at least ten minutes waiting for someone to vacate one of the ten available spots in the parking lot.

** I'm find myself anticipating the next wave in the political tides. In the adult world, these issues seem to flood all other aspects of daily life. (Ex. 9/11, Global Warming, Recession)

** My mother just friend requested me on Facebook. My brother and sister have accepted said request. I on the other hand would just rather listen to my mother talk about how many "fake friends" she has than grant her access into my highly public world. I also secretly like keeping my mother guessing.

** Whether or not I stay in Los Angeles for the long term, I will always think of the city as....
1) Miracle Mile - because it's my neighborhood and home. I love the barred windows on the first floors of the duplexes and the fact that I can stand on my roof and see all parts of the city.
2) Culver City - because Culver was the original Hollywood and I feel like the industry still exists here in a less bastardized form than in the rest of the city. Also, the countless days spent working here and enjoying the downtown area, sitting outside with a cup of coffee or having a drink.
3) West Hollywood - because this area grew on me. Because despite the stereotypes and assumptions about the area, it really is a beautiful community with a number of significant memories from all areas in my life.

Not enough to write about on their own. Just a bunch of thoughts. Hope your week is going well!

0 Thoughts: